1. Max E. Wilcox. The Cleveland Southwestern & Columbus Railway Story. The Sandusky, Norwalk & Mansfield Electric Railway
. Chippewa Lake, OH: Northern Ohio Railway Museum, 1970.
2. Harold E. Cox. The Birney Car
. Forty Fort, PA: Author, 1966.
3. Alan Lind. From Horsecars to Streamliners: An Illustrated History of the St. Louis Car Company
. Park Forest, IL: Transport History Press, 1978.
4. Lawrence A. Brough and James H. Graebner. From Small Town to Downtown: A History of the Jewett Car Company, 1893-1919
(Railroads Past and Present). Indiana University Press, 2004.
5. Lawrence A. Brough. The Electric Pullman: A History of the Niles Car & Manufacturing Company
. Indiana University Press, 2013
— a personal site of Dr. Harold E. Cox with author’s books and car builders’ order lists.